The 4-5 Dan Loop

This is an extension to the mahjong homework entry.

I have been stuck on the 4-5 dan loop for the past two years now.  My closest point and highest Tenhou.net ranking point has been just about three 1sts away from 6dan for the first time.  This year, I've pretty much spent my ranking time on the lower end of the 4dan scale, generally under threat of deranking to 3dan and falling out of tokujou.  I've been at this spot many times before, only to drop to 3dan just once.  When it comes to ranking in Tenhou.net, I really do not feel the "hype" anymore.  Hopefully, this subsides somehow; and I get back to climbing again.

In the meantime, the opening of Majsoul EN has given me another platform to play on.  There, I was under speed run mode looking to rank up that ladder to reach certain ranks in the fewest games possible.  The rank of Master 1 was attained in 112 games.  However, a deranking here ended that speed run mentality and have since returned to Master 1 again to treat the Majsoul ladder a little bit more seriously.

So because of Majsoul, my play on Tenhou.net has been considerably less.  The slower pace to Majsoul is reducing my play turn tempo; and that is a good thing.  Snap decisions in mahjong is bad, as information gets overlooked.  Overlooking is a bad habit pertaining to decision making.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord