Chess

Once upon a time, I did dabble with chess a long while back in Yahoo! Games.  However, I did not go far; and the ranking play somewhat discouraged me.  Yet, for some reason, I bought a Judit Polgar book of chess puzzles but never went into it.  I still have it collecting dust.

Fast forward to my A4 years and eventually Facebook, I played some more via Facebook chess.  Then here and there, I occassionally looked at Chessgames to think about the puzzle of the day.  Most of the time, I failed to think them through but it was still amusing looking at them.  Just once in Facebook, I managed to pull the bishop sacrifice into the king side to set up an attack towards mate.  Doubtfully, I may not be able to pull that game out; but it was a good memory.

Then to the present, I have been watching Agadmator's channel.  He has an approach of telling a chess game in somewhat of a story mode fashion, while explaining the different lines.  That got me to pick up the game again.  This time, I turned to Lichess.  I play at a low level; but it does not matter.  As long as I enjoy it, I keep playing.

I naturally get rank conscious, where ever a rank or rating is displayed.  However, I am not letting that bother me, until I contend with my current peak.  Eventually, I may look into some chess books as a means of mental enrichment.  Until then, I get to resume playing and watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord