Watching 2019-2020 MLeague Season

For the most part, MLeague provided me some "sport" viewing.  I've been a general fan of sports, namely the NFL, the World Cup, and the Olympics.  However, I have developed a disdain for television.  With MLeague viewing free this year via Abema's site, it's been a pleasure watching the games live.  I could watch the games on demand within a week after each game day.  However, sport viewing dictates live viewing; or else it feels pointless.  The element of the unknown outcome makes sport viewing a special kind of entertainment.

Who's my choice team?  I side with the U-Next Pirates primarily because of ASAPIN.  As a Tenhou.net player, he can still be generally viewed as "one of us".  Eventually, I learned that all four members play quite a bit of Tenhou.

As far as riichi mahjong itself is concerned, MLeague is one of the best developments over the past couple years.  The league provides a nexus for the different professional leagues in Japan, as nothing else really gets them to compete with one another directly.  The history behind this should be written about by someone other than me, for I am unqualified to even start.  Yet, this part of the game's history should be learned.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the season played up to the completion of the semifinal.  The final was postponed until restrictions were reduced.  It has been announced, that the final will continue mid-June.  I'll be looking forward to that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord