Online Tournaments Lately

With COVID-19 still lacking a vaccine, mahjong remains bunkered along with most of the world.  It has been two months since my last session with real tiles.  I miss it.  For now, exclusively online is the way to go.

In turn, we're getting an increase in online mahjong activity, in the form of tournaments.  I for one have been participating some last month.  At the turn of May, I have some tournament play lined up for myself.   So far, I have played in five online competitions since Easter.  A couple of these disrupted sleep patterns.  I play these for fun and for community involvement.

This upcoming weekend, I shall be running one with my own club.  It is our replacement for the Anime Central tournament, which unfortunately had to be canceled.  The convention itself was canceled due to the pandemic.  So, this year, my club offers the 2020 Chicago Online Riichi Tournament.

The day after, I plan to play with the Brazilian Mahjong Association with their monthly tournament.  The weekend after, I signed up for the Pacific Mahjong League's FAnime tournament.

Later, I'll produce a list of my tournament activity, where I may slow down in June.

This makes me wonder: Once the pandemic passes on, how will going back to real tiles feel?  It'll feel different, that's for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord