Deranking Again

Throughout my Tenhou ladder history, I've gone through a number of derankings.  It's part of the growing pains.  I've never kept a particular record on my derankings, but my collection of ranking up shows their existence anyways.  Each one marked the time I moved into the next rank, which means I was in the lower rank just prior.  As far as ladder ranking goes, movement can be on the order of years.  Currently, my maximum limit is at the 4-5 dan loop.  Apparently, I'm playing at a level below that.  If anything, my list of things to work on in my mahjong play still applies and then some.

On my most recent deranking from 4 to 3, I initially pledged to rank right back up via the Tenhou client.  Instead, I am opting for another month away from Tenhou.net.  As for the month break, I did the exact same thing last December, after deranking from 5 to 4.  Needless to say, I'm slightly demoralized.  This deranking course took 10 months, where I spent this year in the lower 4dan range.  In the past, I'd simply climb that range but not this time.  To be honest, time spent beating on joukyuu players might help do the trick.  Who knows?

Regardless, my ranked play continues via Majsoul, where I am holding steady there.

In the past, I've taken these derankings with a grain of salt and merely plugged immediately back in.  However, Tokujou play had run its course for me where it is stagnant or worse.  Hopefully, this is temporary.

Anyways, I have suspended all Tenhou play for a month.  Looking into December, I'll get one month Tenhou premium to get me back into the game there.  After that, we see how things go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord