Plus 100 Games

Nine times on Tenhou.net, I have produced a game score of +100 or better.  By default, these are my top 9 scores.  So far, I've produced one every year, with the exception of 2011.  Though, it is doubtful, that I'd produce one this year; if I did, then the annual streak continues.  The month of December will be my last gasp try for the year.

This is one of my signature accomplishments on the Tenhou platform.  As far as I know, this is a record unmatched by many of my peers.  My next highest scores below +100 is a pair of +99's.  To score such a game, a player must amass a point total of 89,500 or greater.  This is due to Tenhou's oka and uma settings.  The winner of a game gets +20 oka followed by +20 uma.

Later, I'll do a review for all but one, because I failed to save that one game anywhere.  Under Tenhou's rules, the score a +100 game requires either a yakuman with an already high score, a double yakuman, or perfectly good dealer runs with some added luck in-between.   Usually, a player drops below zero.  Dealer runs are cut short, and yakuman are denied.  When each game is examined, you will see what I mean.

Speaking of +100 games, one of the most impressive games involved the fifth Tenhoui, 太くないお. He was 9dan at the time.  As dealer, he went into South 3 with 3300 points and ran his dealership to honba 10 capping the run with a yakuman, to end the game with 98,600 (or +108).  Needless to say, this game was extraordinarily shocking.

I did produce such a game via Majsoul this year.  However, I had set the start score to 30,000.  The extra 5,000 per player was enough to prevent one player from going negative when my score was just over 70,000 allowing the game to continue.  Under the normal 25,000 start, the game would have ended right there.  So, I can give this game an honorable mention; but I cannot count it due to the different conditions.

If anyone could match this, it might very well be those players able to play at least 1000 games a year.  That's what it takes.  If there's anyone out there with a similar record, I would actually like to know.  Until then, I shall enjoy parading around this achievement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord