Mahjong and Confidence

I remember years ago, xkime, mentioned how confidence can affect mahjong play.  Confidence has a relation to results.  The link applies to our current psychological make up, which affects our decision making abilities.  Luck can be a factor in the game, but decision is much more significant.

Throughout my ladder history, the highs and lows are shown in my record.  The clusters of wins and looses can be seen.  For some of them, I can recall my feeling.

Currently, I am not feeling very confident in my game.  Thus, my decision making is not where it should be.  To make matters worse, it is becoming a bit more difficult these days to find a "refresh".  This comes with the territory of a personal frontier not being breached.  If I were to ever breach Tenhou.net's wall at 5dan, then a new rush will be felt then.  However, I may continue to suffer until then.  This was the case in previous mahjong walls.

Via Majsoul, I ran a very strong high wave.  Here, I rode my way into the Jade room in 112 games, with a win rate of 50%.  That felt exceptionally good.  That wave ended quickly in the Jade Room, which shot me right back down to deranking.  That put a large blow to my expectations on that ranking ladder.  As always, my play continues.

So, I need to review my assessments and figure out this wall, in the hopes of breaching it someday.

Regardless of my ranking issues, I am managing to find ways to still enjoy the game here and there.    As long as I have that, then I can keep playing and keep going.  My ladder frustration is counterbalanced with some very fine mahjong moments.  Even with the mahjong gets tough, it is difficult to find ways to believe in oneself.  Now, here is the thing.  It's all perception.

When it comes to confidence in general, I know where to get it.  As a person, I am fine because I am who I am.  With many thanks, I have been in the presence of good mahjong company, where gameplay can be fun.  I thank some mahjong friends for that.

This goes for everyone; you should know or find your source of confidence and rely on it.  Without it, then there is no baseline and/or a push forward.

In any case, let this be the fuel to your mahjong journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord