Asking Mai Nakahara

At Anime Central last May, I got the chance to ask Mai Nakahara a mahjong question.  I asked her:


To prepare for the role of Miyanaga Teru, did you learn/play mahjong?

Initially, her answer wished that she could.  However, she was not into gambling.

Immediately afterwards, I had to clarify by pointing out "kenkou mahjong", or clean non-gambling mahjong.  There, she iterated the word "shoubu".  So, her follow up answer noted how personality can reflect in a person's play.  So, she feared showing bad parts to her personality.

She's right.  We put ourselves into the mahjong, as we express ourselves via our decision making abilities.  Everyone can point to the luck factors of mahjong.  Yet, the one thing we can control in the game is ourselves and what we do.  This concept is true in life.

The real life example here.  I could have cowered and sat in the audience.  I never would have gone to ask the question.  I have my mahjong friends to thank, as they urged me to go up to the question line.  It was a fun experience, and I'll remember this memory for a long time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord