Mahjong Journeys

All who enter this game
   Began a journey
Where no path is the same.

Whichever form we choose
   We walk a path of new
Experience as we win or lose.

A long, treacherous way of pain
   Yet, we continue to learn
With knowledge each day we gain.

Just talk to every player
   You will hear a different
Story, layer by layer.

We all have our joys and tears
   For the game brings out
Either the best of us or our fears.

How long do we continue,
   I wonder as we walk
With no end seemingly in view?

With mahojng of all things
   We subject ourselves to all
That this game brings.

So as you play, I suggest
   That you only do so
By playing your best.

With irrelevance, regardless of skill
   To the game, you bring
Yourself, your spirit, and your will.

In doing so, you can grow
   Within this game, in your
Journey, the more you know.

As you play, it is you who defines
   Your way, your journey
Within the game's confines.

Like the day of your start,
   Your mahjong journey's end
Comes within your heart.

Here think deeply and ask:
   "Why do I play?"
The answer to this question - your task.

As we think of our way,
   We can look at ourselves
Declaring, who we are today.

For you see, in our journeys
   We wish to know more
Via the game's knowledge keys.

To those with a future,
   Fresh in the game,
My advice: learn with nurture.

To the many more
   Who played for years
My advice: see what else in store.

Overall, we must be prepared
   For the game's torture
As if no one cared.

But rest assured, you are not
   Alone, for you see others
Playing like you, among the lot.

As players, together we share
   The journey's feelings
High, low, like we do care.

As we walk, we all have our story
  In mahjong to be shared
Both our shames and our glory.

In the end, together we are enriched
   By our memories, our learning
From whatever this game had pitched.

So, in our mahjong journeys, luck
   I wish upon you
For it oddly leaves us struck.

Regardless of what happens, we
  Continue to play,
As mahjong players we shall be.

If none of this makes sense,
   Then I give you my apologies
For the game comes with many pretense.

Right or wrong, there is no real
   Way to play the game,
Subjected by how we all feel.

Via interaction we all grow
   Showing us the different
Ways for us to learn and know.

In all honesty, my message here
   Has no end for now because
I see the end not clear.

To simply put, I do not know when
   It will be and till it comes
I may know then.

Until then I shall resume
   With my verses later and
See how much I bloom.

Do any of this makes sense to you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

Catfood Bowl S0 Tournament

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1