My Running Years

This generally has nothing to do with mahjong, other than it was my main activity just prior to mahjong.  This activity ended when my left bunion enlarged.  If my body allows it, I can hope to give one more marathon a go.  This attempt may be more tortuous, than my two marathons primarily because my running health is not as efficient as then.  That is a natural case after aging 9 years.

As for my running years then, I do not need to say more other than quote some of my entries written in my Facebook titled Running Reflection and Goals:

"Looking back I am glad to have pulled off the sub 4-hour marathon, because right now and from now on, I do not see myself ever achieving that mark ever again.  Personally, it is an achieved mark; and so, I no longer need to hit that mark.  Will I ever do a marathon again?  For now, I can hope so.  This ultimately depends on my conditions.  Until then, I can direct my energies elsewhere.

After the 2009 Chicago Marathon, I made a point to hit 4 hours or faster in the 2010 Twin Cities Marathon.  Every race and practice that year was geared towards that 4 hour mark; and I did it.  So, it is nice to have going faster than a 4-hour marathon just once.  Otherwise, I would simply have regretted it.  Luckily, it did not take me long to pull it off.  I had the ability, yet I still had to work for it.  As fate my have it, my injury in 2012 kept me away from running for an extended time."

In terms of goals, it would be to complete a marathon.  The only problem with this goal: I had have done it already.  In a sense, this is the "been there, done that" line of thinking.  However, the conditions today are different than 9-10 years ago.  If anything, my purpose here would be to measure myself and see how far I can go with this again.  Upon completion, I quote myself again:

"Hey, I did it.  This was my best, and I am OK with that."

Thankfully, I have still been able to find other ways to maintain some kind of shape.  So, I am totally not out of it.  Here, I ask myself, "Will I get to say that again?"  Well, only one way to find out...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord