Kyuu the Baka

I managed to find a very interesting quote from the #mahjong IRC days:


Many years later, I managed to embrace the ⑨.  If you do not know what that is, then you are not aware of Touhou.  The ⑨ is one of the more prominent memes.  

When it comes to mahjong, I shall admit to being bothered about being called an idiot or my suggestions labeled as stupid.  That is only when I am taking things seriously.  Otherwise, in pure ⑨ mode, I can just lay back and smile at everyone.  In terms of my mahjong (and even chess) play, I've had plenty of silly moments. 

Case in point, I had a feud with the player named Rosti and even much longer ago xkime.  If you mix in a passion for something and the wish to display your thoughts and ideas, sometimes these things clash.  Arguments get heated, and it becomes one big internet mess.

At the end of the day though, it is all bygones bygones.  With xkime, I can go as far as personally endorse his Patreon.  As for Rosti, conditions are civil once again.  We all play mahjong, and we can all have fun doing it.  As an update on both feuds, relations seem to be generally patched up.  A lot of my resistance is being torn down, and this is a good thing.

For every genius, there is an even greater genius out there in the world.  Even if there is no one greater, then the life span of said genius is only finite.  Eventually, he will go too.  Einstein is the first man to come to mind here.  This is primarily due to our 20th century culture.

These days, we have an internet culture full of everything.  That includes mahjong geniuses.  Over the years, it is amusing finding some. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord