Good Bye, Kai

 I am fresh from my walk from the animal emergency hospital.  I lost a cat today: Kai (2005-2020).


This was Maki's son.  Basically, about six months to the day after she died, he is gone too.  He has joined his mom up in heaven.

Earlier today, he seemed fine before his vet visit.  So, I went about my day today without worry.  I arrive home seeing my dad cradling him, and I was told that something was wrong.  What was wrong?

He kept his mouth open and breathing hard.  I was told that he fell down the stairs.  Heck, I even put him on the stairs at his favorite spot, only to find that he ended up the stairs momentarily.  Then he was down on his side, breathing hard, with a fast heart rate.  He even managed to get a hiss in because it must've been painful.  This was not normal, but I thought the situation was salvagable.

Regardless, this was not normal; and we loaded him into the cat carrier.  Then we head off to the emergency hospital.  Ten minutes on the way, his fast breathing slowed.  Eventually, the breathing stopped.  I put my hand to his chest to feel a heart beat.  There was none.  "OMG, he's gone," I said.
 
This was so sudden.  A normal ordinary day turned dramatic.  I began this day believing to have maybe an extra year with him.  I was wrong.  While I can regret not having many pictures or recorded voice-video with him, I will remember his voice tones.

"Who's a whining cat?" often had I asked.  And he'd reply with his signature meow every time.

Today he managed to hang on to life long enough for me to witness his very last moments - in the same cat carrier, where Maki passed on.  These last moments, I was kneeling on the rear floor of the car monitoring him.  He gave his last moments to me.  To think, I remember the day he was born but not the actual birthing process - in my sister's room.  It seems fitting, that I ended up with his death.

For everything in Kai, I am thankful for everything.

Just like Maki, he lived a full life with plenty of moments to remember.  I just could not believe today was the last.  But it had to be this way.  Good bye, Kai.  Your mom is up there with you.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

Catfood Bowl S0 Tournament

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1