Lent 2020: No Online Mahjong

I have not practiced Lent in a several years.  Once I completely stayed away from the Internet, but that was many years ago.  In my opinion, Lent is a voluntary practice rather than a mandatory one, when it comes to giving something up for a period of time.

This time around: I'll pledge to stay away from online mahjong play - until after Easter.  That is till April 12.  Can I keep away from real tiles?  No, that is my social circle.  Given a big change in my life this year, I need to at least play with real tiles to maintain my mental health.

My Tenhou accounts, main and tonpuu, are safe due to recent game.  I won't have to worry about my Majsoul account either.  If anything, this huge break will be nice.  Hopefully, I return nice and refreshed with ladder ranking.  Many years of ladder ranking had rendered me utterly miserable about ranked play.  An even greater break will be a nice reprieve.

In my meantime, my blog posts will continue.  I have plenty to think about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majsoul Influential Player Mark

My First "Houou" Game: Review 1

Banned from Mahjong Soul Discord